Category: Ms H. News
PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One controller
Is it just me, or did you notice that both Sony and Microsoft did not spend much time, if any, talking about their video game system's controllers during their respective E3 press conferences on June 10, 2013 Maybe they did not want to repeat themselves since the controllers were mentioned at their previous press conferences. However, I, for one, would have liked to hear more indepth details about the new controllers and why they are (or are not) considered to be an improvement over the current ones.
The Xbox One and PS4 battle continues with the video game controllers
Of course, the meat of the new gaming systems are the consoles themselves; however, is it possible that a controller could sway you more toward buying either the PS4 or the Xbox One.
Here's information to help you choose between the PS4 or the Xbox One controllers.
The PS4 controller is referred to as Dual Shock 4. Unfortunately, the current PS3 (Dual Shock 3) controller is not compatible with the PS4. This controller will have a touchpad, a headphone jack and a built in speaker. The controller will support motion detection via gyroscope sensors.
Additionally, the PS4 controller will feature a light bar that will display different colors to alert you regarding your status while playing a video game, i.e. low health, etc. The controller will have a motion sensor similar to the PS move. The existing PS move for the PS3 will be supported on the PS4.
The Xbox One's controller basically keeps it current design. The battery compartment is slimmer and the directional pad on the controller has a four way design. Each trigger will have independent rumble motors, called impulse triggers where the trigger will vibrate when performiing an action -- for example firing a weapon.
The best way to find out you like either the PS4 or the Xbox One controller is to actually hold it and better yet -- to play your favorite video game with it.
Is a video game more enjoyable if you like the controller?
In just a few months you will be able to do just that with either the Xbox one or the PS4 controller when the next generation systems, Xbox One and the PS4, are released during the 2013 holiday season.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 17:13
Category: Ms H. News
E3 Video Games Countdown Part 2
Welcome to Part 2 of the Video Games Countdown for E3 2013. It goes without saying that there will be lots of video games at E3; certainly more than the 20 games featured in this two part series. These 20 games are purported to be some of the most anticipated games to be at E3. If your favorite video game is not listed in Part l or 2, I'm sure it will most likely be covered during either the press conferences, presentations and exhibits at E3.
Here is the Part 2 list of the 20 video games (in no particular order), for E3 Video Games Countdown.
11. Metal Gear Solid V at E3. Subtitled The Phantom Pain and published by Konami, this game's release date is yet to be announced. Metal Gear Solid V will be playable on the PS3 and the Xbox 360 .
The events in the gameplay happen after the actions in the Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes video game. Metal Gear Solid V will be the first game in the sereis to have an open world. The latest buzz about this video game is that the character of Snake will be played by Keith Sutherland known for the TV show, 24.
12. Need for Speed: Rivals at E3. This video game is published by Ghost Games, formerly EA Gothenburg and will be playable on the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and the PC. It will be released on November 19, 2013 for the current generation systems.
The gameplay race setting is an open world and is similar to previous Need for Speed video games. Ferrari will return for the first time to the franchise since the Hot Pusuit 2 video game debuted in 2002.
13. Quantum Break at E3 This video game is created by Remedy Entertainment and is currently an exclusive Xbox One game. It is scheduled to be released in 2014.
Similar to the Defiance video game, it will be intertwined with a television show. The actions in the television show will influence or have an effect on the video gameplay.
14. Pikmin 3 at E3 Published by Nintendo, this game is being developed exclusively for the WII U. It will be released on August 4, 2013.
Pikmin 3 follows the Nintendo Game Cube video game Pikmin 2. The gameplay involves plant-like characters that use unique skills and abilities to explore in-game worlds and uncover treasures.
15. The Wonderful 101 at E3 This video game is published by Nintendo and will be released on September 15, 2013 for the WII U.
In this game, you will be controlling characters who are fighting to defend the city. The characters have the ability to change into other forms such as large fists or swords.
16. The Evil Within at E3 Published by Bethesda Softworks, this video game will be released in 2014 for the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and the Xbox One.
In this game, the main protaganist, Detective Sebastian must fight against evil forces to survive.
17. Thief at E3 The Thief video game is published by Square Enix and will be playable on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One. It releases in 2014.
In this game, you will take on the role of Garrett and try to hide from enemies by using your stealth video skills during the video gameplay.
18. Watch Dogs at E3 Watch Dogs was introduced at E3 2012, and became not only the surprise hit of the expo, but is currently also a highly anticipated game that will be at E3, 2013. Its release date is November 19, 2013.
The main character in this game is Aiden Pearce whose objective is to get information from various media types in order to complete his objectives.
19. Witcher 3: Wild Hunt at E3 Developed by PD Projekt Red, this video game will be released in 2014 and will be playable on the PC and the PS4.
The gameplay consists of an open world with a multi-thread story.
20. Dragon Age III: Inquisition at E3. Published by EA, this game is the third rendition of the Dragon Age video game franchise. A specific release date is unavailable at this time; however, it is expected that it will be released in 2013.
The gameplay fuses actions from the previous Dragon Age games. The combat in this game includes you, as the video game player, focusing on preparing and forming a cohesive team.
As you can see, E3 2013 may be an even bigger event than it was in 2012, especially with the all new video game consoles that have been announced. Whether you like role playing, first person shooter, third person shooter, puzzles, or other types game -- your favorite genre of video games are sure to be at the E3 Electronics Entertainment Expo on June 11-13, 2013 in Los Angeles, California.
Last Updated on Sunday, 09 June 2013 22:09
Category: Ms H. News
Sony PlayStation 4
The Sony E3, Electronics Entertainment Expo 2013 press conference started late and ran arduously long (about two hours), but in my opinion, the delayed start and extended duration was worth the wait because of the reveals that were announced at the end of the conference.
The press conference lasted about two hours, starting at about 6:16 p.m. Pacific Standard Time, 9:16 p.m. Eastern Standard Time and ending about 8:16 p.m. Pacific Standard Time, 11:16 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Sony used the time to promote and show demonstrations of numerous video games for both the current system as well as the new generation console, the PS 4. As expected, the reveal as well as the price for the PS4 happened toward the end of the press conference.
PlayStation 4 revealed
The actual PS4 that was shown at the press conference was designed as the one pictured; however, the color was a combination silver and black with a silver strip lengthwise across the front of the system. This was the first look of the system that Sony talked about during its press conference on February 20, 2013 -- prior to E3.
The audience applauded loudly in approval when Sony explained how the company plans to handle used games; however, the loudest applause, in my opinion, was the announcement of the price of the PS 4 -- $399.99.
This price is about $100.00 less expensive than the price of Microsoft's new generation video game console, the Xbox One.
The price of the video games for the PS4 and the Xbox One was not discussed at either the Microsoft or the Sony E3 press conferences, respectively.
PlayStation Plus Membership
An added bonus was Sony's announcement that there will not be any red tape involved if you are a current PlayStation Plus member for the PS3 and plan to purchase a PS4. Your membership will simply be transferred over from your PS 3 to your PS4.
Pre-orders for the PS4 are currently being accepted at Amazon.com as well as other establishments. The expected release date for the PS4 is the holiday season, 2013.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 June 2013 05:03
Category: Ms H. News
Both Microsoft and Sony can probably breathe a sigh of relief that they have both officially announced their new video gaming consoles to the public prior to E3. Sony talked about the PS4 during their "big event" conference held February 20, 2013 while Microsoft recently revealed the Xbox One at their conference on May 21, 2013.
As E3 approaches, it's expected that video games will take the center stage; and although there is not an over-abundant of new video games, there's a lot to be said for the quality of some of the games that will be at the Expo.
To keep you in the know, I will list some of the video games (in no particular order) that will be showcased at E3 in a two part series .
This list will give you a preview of some of the new games that will be presented or re-presented at E3, being held in Los Angeles, California June 11-13, 2013.
1. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag at E3. The video game release date is October 29, 2013 and it will be playable on the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, WII U and the PC.
In addition to the many upgrades and enhancements in this video game, the world will open up quicker than the previous version and you will Captain a new ship called Jackdaw.
2. Batman Arkham Origins by Warner Brothers at E3. This game releases on October 25, 2013 and will be playable on the Nintendo 3DS, PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Vita and WII U.
Even though the game play is similar to its predesessor, there are changes in the travel system, allowing Batman to summon his plane. As with most video games, you will be able to earn points to strengthen Batman as well as to enhance his abilities, weapons, and gadgets.
3. Battlefield 4 at E3. Published by Electronic Arts, this video game releases on October 31, 2013 and will be playable on the Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 and the PC.
The 13th installment in the series, Battlefield 4 will bring you three new playable regions -- U.S., China and Russia. The "Commander Mode" is also back from the Battlefield 2142 series.
4. Call of Duty: Ghosts at E3. Call of Duty: Ghosts by Activision release date is November 5, 2013 It will be playable on the PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
This game is the tenth installment in the series and the sixth by Infinity Ward developers. It will run on an upgraded engine. In this game, you will be playing a member of an elite team, called Ghosts, fighting against unseen enemies with far reaching consequences.
5. Destiny video game at E3. This game is published by Activision and its release date has not been announced . Destiny will be playable on the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and the Xbox One.
This video game is set in the future. The gameplay will be different in that some actions are not necessarily planned by the developer in order to create more realistic type situations.
6. FIFA 14 at E3. This video game by Electronics Art is also known as FIFA 14 Soccer and will be released September 24, 2013. (A release date for the Next Gen consoles has not been announced). It will be playable on the PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and the Xbox One.
New video game features in this game include a revamped career mode where you will have a scout search for talent throughout certain locations in the world. In this mode, there will also be easy navigating, less interruptions and live scouting reports.
7. Fortza Motorsport 5 at E3. Published by Microsoft, the release date for this game has not yet been announced. It will be playable on the Xbox One.
Fortza Motorsport 5 has been described as the answer to Sony's Gran Turismo racing video game. However, this game shows more emphasis on customization and modifications of the cars than the Grand Turismo video game.
8. Gran Turismo 6 at E3. This video game is published by Sony and will be playable on the PS3. The release time frame for this video game is fourth quarter, 2013.
At this time, Gran Turismo will remain a PS3 title instead of a launch game for the PS4. One of the games locations feaured will be the track in Mount Panorama in Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia.
9. Killzone: Shadow Fall at E3. This video game is developed by Guerilla Games, published by Sony Computer Entertainment and will be playable on the PS4.
The gameplay happens 30 years after the previous Killzone video game with war continuing among the enemy facets.
10. Knack video game at E3. Knack's is published by Sony Computer Entertainment and its release date is to be determined. This game will be playable on the PS 4.
The game play revolves around Knack discovering that he has skills to add ice, metal and other materials into his body giving him new abilities from level to level.
Even though some of the above video games will be playable on the next generation consoles, a release date has not been confirmed for either the Xbox One or the PS4.
E3 Video Game Countdown Part 2 will list ten additional games scheduled to be at E3. Of course these lists are not all-inclusive, and suffice it to say that there will be many other video games at E3, including Indie and mobile games as well.
Last Updated on Friday, 07 June 2013 07:01
Category: Ms H. News
E3 Electronics Arts Entertainment Expo, 2013
Could this be the day that some of the teasers, reveals, and most of all -- the rumors will be squelched once and for all? Today, June 10, 2013 starting at 9:30 a.m. Pacific Standard Time, 12:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time the official E3 press conferences will begin.
I'm excited not only to receive the news and see the previews, demonstrations, etc. straight from the "horse's mouth"; but I'm anticipating finding out exactly what the video game industry has in store. Even though in a sense, the press conferences are really promotion vehicles for the industry, I believe there is a benefit to hearing from the video game giants themselves precisely what is going to transpire in the video game world.
Here's the Monday, June 10, 2013 E3 Press Conference Schedule:
Microsoft: 9:30 a.m. PST, 12:30 p.m. EST
Electronic Arts (EA): 1:00 p.m. PST, 4:00 p.m. EST
Ubisoft: 3:00 p.m. PST, 6:00 p.m. EST
Sony: 6:00 p.m. PST, 9:00 p.m. EST
Note: Nintendo will not have an E3, 2013 press conference. The company's Nintendo Direct begins at 7:00 a.m. PST, 10:00 a.m. EST. on June 11, 2013.
May the games begin!
Last Updated on Monday, 10 June 2013 14:04